Game Designers' Workshop (GDW) was a company that published many games including Traveller, MegaTraveller and Traveller: The new Era.
Most popularly known for their wargames, particularly Europa. Game Designers' Workshop began as a joint venture between Frank Chadwick, Marc Miller, Rich Banner, Loren Wiseman, and a few other members of the Illinois State University Wargames Club (ca. 1972-73). The company ceased in Feburary 1996. The traveller line was next picked up by Imperium Games.
A (very) partial listing of products. Primarily those of interest to Traveller. See GDW List for a complete list of Traveller products produced by GDW.
- MegaTraveller aka MT. aka T2. Second edition of Traveller.
- Traveller: The New Era aka TNE. aka T3. Third edition of Traveller.
- 2300 AD - "Hard" Science Fiction roleplaying game. First edition was titled "Traveller: 2300"
- Twilight 2000 - Remnants of European troops after collapse of govenments following third world war.
- Cadillacs and Dinosaurs
- Dangerous Journeys
- Dark Conspiracy
- En Garde! (1973) - 17th century Parisian duellists
- Space: 1889
- Journal of the Travellers' Aid Society aka JTAS (1-24)
- Challenge (25-79)
- Journeys (1-3)
- Striker (1983)
- Striker II
- System 7 Napoleonics
Traveller Board games
- Imperium (1977)
- Dark Nebula: Battles for the Stars (1983)
- Azhanti High Lightning (1981)
- Battle Rider
- Brilliant Lances
- Fifth Frontier War
- Invasion: Earth
- Mayday (1978)